The Ananda Apothecary Forums

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Question about safe use of wintergreen oil 

Post Question about safe use of wintergreen oil
I recently purchased athletic magic and so far it seems to be helping. I can use it at work without smelling like I'm using "ben gay". However, I love the benefits of wintergreen and the way it feels. So I'm thinking of getting a second bottle of athletic magic and adding my own wintergreen to one of them. Maybe even wintergreen and peppermint. What would be a safe and beneficial amount of wintergreen to add to a 60 ml bottle of athletic magic? I'm currently using it for an acute case of tendonitis at my elbow and it is helping me get through work while I'm recovering.
Or should I just make my own "warming" pain relief blend with peppermint, wintergreen, and clove and layer it with athletic magic? Any good recipe blends using those 3 oils?

Thanks!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Question about safe use of wintergreen oil
Hi - All this is already blended in our Super Soother. The thing with Wintergreen (or Birch - they are really the same, though Birch smells just a little nicer) is to only use as much as you need for relief, for only as long as you need it.

Don't think 'warming' so much, but anti-inflammatory. Consider using Turmeric CO2 rather than Clove...The Helichrysum in any formula will bring circulation to the area.

Best!
Eric

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]